Notes from Head Commissioner
· If you are staying on the island you only need a permission from your President
· You will need game numbers from your Commissioner (Failure to do this will result in a $50.00 per game number required)
· You will have to send game reports and game sheets both within 72 hrs of returning home. (Failure to do this is a $50.00 fine per report and $50.00 per game sheet)
Tournaments off island you will need
· Permission from your President (letter to be requested through Rec Governor, Dean Skinner- email@example.com
· Permission from Vancouver Island Hockey Association
· Permission from BC Hockey (all inintiated with the President approval)
· Game Numbers from your Commissioner ( Failure to do this is a $50.00 fine per game numbers needed )
· You will have to send game reports and game sheets both within 72 hrs of returning home. ( Failure to do this is a $50.00 fine per report and game sheet)
· You also need game number to play exhibition games failure to get a game number will result in a $50.00 fine
· If you are playing a team from your own tier the home team will do game number and reports ( unless Commissioner has asked both teams send game reports)
· If you are playing a team from another tier both teams will need to act like the home team getting game numbers, sending reports and mailing game sheets. Again failure to do this will result in fines.
The No Ref Rule
· Should you ever find yourself in a situation where no refs show up there are two things you can do. If both coaches agree and sign the sheet ahead of time a coach from each team can go out and ref the game, or a player from each team. Again everyone needs to agree ahead of time.
This season we are happy to announce that our Novice division will be supported by Dodge Caravan Kids, you will receive more information about this program from your coaches by the end of September.
I hope this information will answer some of your questions
- Novice players will be divided into teams based on player’s experience. Female players may play on the boy’s teams where space allows but will be rostered on the female team.
- Novice D most experienced/competitive players
- Novice C – more experienced players
- Novice B – Beginner players
- Novice Fe = Female team*
* Female players may roster on two teams, one being the female team and also an integrated team if they so choose. On a space availability basis.
- Ice Time: The Novice D team will receive 2 ice slots per week and the remainder of the Novice teams will receive 1 ice slot per week, please check the schedule to confirm your ice day/time.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer to help with your child’s team. Each team is required to have a Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, safety, team manger, & treasurer. If you are interested in any of these positions please let me know. Any parents wishing to go on the ice to help must have their appropriate credentials and first seek permission from the Recreation Governor, the Association Risk Manager and the President to ensure proper procedures and insurance protocols are in place. Parents that do participate on the ice must also adhere to the dress code on the ice which includes, Helmet, Hockey skates, and Hockey gloves and stick. (no jeans please !)
VMHA Recreation Governor